Another sneak peek of Nas’ upcoming documentary, Time Is Illmatic. Film hits select theaters on October 1 and on demand and iTunes on October 3.
The Illmatic 20-year celebrations continue today, with the release of an official music video for the cut “Represent” off the 1994 album. Nas invited fans to collaborate and produce the visual for “Represent,” which was shot at YouTube Space in Los Angeles. Let us know what you think.
Nas continued his 20 year celebration at the Coachella Music Festival. He performed Illmatic in its entirety and brought out Shawn Carter (10 minute mark) and Sean Combs (34:52 mark).
Nas has announced he will be releasing a 20th anniversary edition of his 1994 debut album Illmatic, entitled illmaticXX, April 15.
The anniversary edition is set to include 10 original tracks from Illmatic, unreleased remixes to original songs from the album and unreleased versions of “I’m a Villain” and Nas’ appearance on “The Stretch Armstrong and Bobbito Show On WKCR October 28, 1993.”
Pre-order illmaticXX on iTunes here.
1. “I’m A Villain” (Unreleased)
2. “The Stretch Armstrong and Bobbito Show on WKCR October 28, 1993″ (Unreleased Freestyle)
3. “Halftime” (Butcher Remix)
4. “It Ain’t Hard To Tell” (Remix)
5. “One Love” (LG Main Mix)
6. “Life’s A Bitch” (Arsenal Mix)
7. “One Love” (One L Main Mix)
8. “The World Is Yours” (Tip Mix)
9. “It Ain’t Hard To Tell” (The Stink Mix)
10. “It Ain’t Hard To Tell” (The Laidback Remix)
Today’s WOTB: Lil Twist’s A Bad Influence on Justin Bieber, Kim K and Kanye designing New Baby Clothing Line and Tabloids Offer Them $3 Million For First Pic and CNN Names Nas Best MC.