New Years Eve:
DESIRE – At QBar inside the Hotel Albuquerque
New Years Day:
HOLIDAY HANGOVER – At RIZE Nightclub in Santa Fe! 135 w. Palace Ave – Downtown Santa Fe!
TOP EARNING MOVIES THAT DEAL WITH NEW YEAR’S
These movies all deal with New Year’s and all raked it in at the box office. Here are the top earners and how much they’ve made.
1. Sleepless in Seattle (1993) – $126,680,884
2. When Harry Met Sally (1989) – $92,823,546
3. Trading Places (1983) – $90,404,800
4. Entrapment (1999) – $87,704,396
5. While You Were Sleeping (1995) – $81,057,016
6. Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001) – $71,543,427
7. End of Days (1999) – $66,889,043
8. Strange Days (1995) – $7,959,291
9. 200 Cigarettes (1999) – $6,852,450
10. Gridlock’d (1997) – $5,571,205
TOP EARNING MOVIES ON NEW YEAR’S DAY
Many people head to the movies on New Year’s Day and these films earned the most on that day. Here they are in order with how much they pulled in on New Year’s alone and the year the earnings took place.
1. Avatar (2010) – $126,680,884
2. Meet the Fockers (2005) – $92,823,546
3. Sherlock Holmes (2010) – $90,404,800
4. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2010) – $87,704,396
5. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2004) – $81,057,016
6. Titanic (1998) – $71,543,427
7. Night at the Museum (2007) – $66,889,043
8. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2003) – $7,959,291
9. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2002) – $6,852,450
10. Marley and Me (2009) – $5,571,205
BEST INTERNET VIDEOS OF 2010
Paste magazine compiled a list of their favorite Internet memes and viral videos from 2010. Here’s part one of their choices:
· I HOPE THIS GETS TO YOU – It was the romantic gesture seen round the world. Walter C. May and his band, The Daylights, made a video for May’s girlfriend when she moved across the country for graduate school. The band didn’t send it to May’s lady directly; they wanted so many people to pass it around on the Internet that she’d just get it from someone who was sharing the video.
· PANDA CHEESE – Panda Cheese is a popular brand of cheese in Egypt and the Middle East. They came out with a series of commercial this year that went viral. In the ads, a Panda mascot wreaks havoc on his surroundings after people refuse to eat Panda Cheese.
· INCEPTION MEMES – After the film Inception came out in July of this year, people took to the Internet to
poke fun at the idea of a dream inside a dream. GeekOSystem.com collected the 15 best things created in that meme.
Check it out HERE!
BEST INTERNET VIDEOS OF 2010
PRANCING CERA – A picture of Michael Cera running on the set of his movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World became an image that thousands photo shopped onto other images. People said Cera was prancing and they pasted his image on the cover of albums, in the middle of Olympic runners and next to a photo of Elton John with the caption “Hold Me Closer, Tiny Prancer.” Check out a nice collection of the pictures over at PasteMagazine.com.
See the pics HERE!
SAD KEANU – A picture of Keanu Reeves looking sad, eating a sandwich on a park bench went viral this year, with people pasting his image on a number of different pictures, including on stills from Independence Day, Say Anything and The Dark Knight. Someone even wrote a song called “Hey There Keanu” in the tune of the Plain White T’s tune “Hey There Delilah.”
· OLD SPICE GUY – Old Spice came out with a series of commercials advertising their body wash that starred Isaiah Mustafa. Mustafa was featured shirtless in the ads, often on a horse and urging guys to at least smell as good as he does. The commercials spawned several parodies, including one on Sesame Street, and helped launch Isaiah’s career. Check him out in Horrible Bosses in 2011 and head over to YouTube and search for the Old Spice channel to see the ads.
BEST INTERNET VIDEOS OF 2010
· JIMMY MACMILLAN/THE RENT IS 2 DAMN HIGH – What started out as a campaign for New York governor, turned into a viral video phenomenon. Thousands of people watched Jimmy MacMillan and the presentation he did for his The Rent Is 2 Damn High party. Check out a video of MacMillan over at Paste.com.
MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON – In this adorable short video, Jenny Slate lends her voice to an animated shell with shoes on. Check it out over on Vimeo.com.
Click HERE to see it!
· DOUBLE RAINBOW – In 2010, we were graced with the Double Rainbow video posted on YouTube by HungryBear9562. In the clip, you see video of a double (possibly triple!!!!) rainbow and hear a man get WAY TOO excited about it. The clip went on to spawn merchandise, remixes and even landed the video’s creator on some talk shows and in commercials.
BEST INTERNET VIDEOS OF 2010
INSANE CLOWN POSSE’S “MIRACLES” CLIP – Insane Clown Posse posted a video for us in 2010 about magic and miracles. The band raps about oceans, magnets and not doing drugs all while wearing their clown makeup in this music video. Wow, it’s, well, magic…
ANTOINE DOBSON AND THE BED INTRUDER – What else can we say about Antoine Dobson and his bed intruder rant that hasn’t already been said? The protective brother has appeared on talk shows, has had his words remixed using AutoTune and made the list of the top Google searches of 2010. Watch the video of Antoine again, in which he explains how he stopped a rapist from hurting his sister.
RIHANNA AND MATT KEMP SPLIT?
According to various web sites Rihanna and Matt Kemp have split. The two began dating earlier this year and it was Rihanna’s first serious relationship since her volatile courtship with Chris Brown. Us Weekly is reporting that Kemp ended the relationship because he was “sick of following after Rihanna like a puppy dog all over the world.” The Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder is looking for “something normal.”
BON JOVI TOPS 2010 TOUR EARNERS
According to Pollstar, Bon Jovi had the most successful tour in 2010, while AC/DC and U2 follow at number two and three respectively. The New Jersey band sold over 201 million dollars worth of concert tickets worldwide this year. Lady Gaga is the only woman in the top 10 tours for 2010. Her Monster Ball Tour placed fourth on the list, raking in over 133 million dollars over the course of 138 shows, most of which took place outside of North America. The rest of the top 10 is rounded out by Metallica, Michael Bublé, the live show Walking With Dinosaurs, Paul McCartney, the Eagles and Roger Waters.
· Around the world, ticket sales for the top 50 tours dropped 12 percent to under three billion dollars, and in North America, they dropped 15 percent to 1.69 billion dollars.
· NICOLE RICHIE FINALIZES PROBATION.
According to TMZ, Nicole Richie has officially completed her probation in connection with a 2006 DUI case. Richie was put on probation that year in connection with DUI charges she received after being pulled over while driving the wrong way on a Los Angeles freeway. She was supposed to end her probation in February 2011, but the judge agreed to terminate it early after ruling that all the terms were been met sufficiently. Earlier this month, Richie and her longtime beau, Joel Madden, tied the knot after dating for four years and having two kids together. The wedding took place in California at the home of Nicole’s dad, Lionel Richie.
· BIEBER/GOMEZ PIC A FAKE. While Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez aren’t kissing and telling when it comes to the status of their relationship, and they’re also not kissing and snapping photos. When a picture leaked online of what appeared to be the teen stars caught in a lip-lock, fans began to wonder if perhaps the rumors of their romance were true. But a rep for Bieber told Celebuzz that the photo, which originally appeared on Bieber fan site Beiberheiress.com, is a fake. The rep added that they hope “no one is actually paying money for that photo” since the couple in the photo are not actually Bieber and Gomez. Meanwhile, E! News is reporting the pair were seen hanging out in Miami ordering room service at the Gansevoort Hotel.
· OSCAR BALLOTS!
The ballots for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards were mailed out to the 5,755 voters yesterday. The paper work is due back on January 14th. The nominations will be announced on January 25th and the big show will air live on February 27th on ABC at 8 PM Eastern and 5 PM Western.
· KARDASHIAN AND KANYE IN THE STUDIO?
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were spotted at the same recording studio on Tuesday in Culver City, California. Kardashian was accompanied by Kris Jenner as well as TV cameras, while Kanye showed up all on his own. Back in November, Kim told MTV News that she would love to work with Kanye West.
AND IN SPORTS…
· BRETT FAVRE FINED 50K. The NFL fined Brett Favre 50-thousand dollars on Wednesday for a “failure to cooperate” with the league’s investigation into allegations that he sent X-rated photos to former New York Jets game-day hostess Jenn Sterger. Commissioner Roger Goodell determined that Favre was “not candid in several respects during the investigation, resulting in a longer review and additional negative public attention for Favre, Sterger and the NFL.” Goodell said that there was not enough evidence to conclude that Favre violated the league’s personal-conduct policy. Favre, who is expected to retire after the season, missed the Minnesota Vikings game in Philadelphia on Tuesday night after suffering a concussion the week before. The Vikings end the season with a game in Detroit, no word on whether Favre will play.
L Boogie is about to embark on her tour next week, but beforehand, she set the tone last night and performed at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, with Prince and Janelle Monae in attendance. More footage when you proceed.
TOP BABY NAMES OF 2010
Here are the top baby names for 2010, according to BabyNames.com
TOP BOY NAMES OF 2010
TOP GIRL NAMES OF 2010
TOP CELEBRITY BABY NAMES
Here are the best celebrity baby names, according to BabyNamesGarden.com
Seraphina Rose – Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck
Violet – Christina Milian & The-Dream
Ireland – Kim Basinger & Alec Baldwin
Brooklyn, Cruz David, Romeo James – David Beckham & Victoria Beckham
Sparrow James Midnight – Nicole Ritchie & Joel Madden
Stella Zavala – Matt Damon & Luciana Bozan Barroso
Gideon Scott and Harper Grace (boy and girl) – Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka
Julian Fuego – Robin Thicke & Paula Patton
Benjamin – Kelly Preston & John Travolta
Madilyn Grace – Ne-Yo & Monyetta Shaw
THE MOST SHOCKING CELEB BREAK-UPS OF 2010! (PART 3)
· Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller – Things started to unravel for the married couple at Christmastime in 2009 after a domestic violence incident. They finalized their divorce in October and Sheen celebrated by destroying a New York City hotel room with an escort by his side.
· Jennifer Jason Leigh and director Noah Baumbach – This couple worked on several projects together in 2010, but despite that teamwork, they filed for divorce in November.
· Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva – In April, Gibson and Grigorieva called their love quits, a mere six months after their daughter Lucia was born. Since their split, unpleasant audio tapes of Gibson allegedly berating Oksana have hit the web. The couple are also currently in the middle of a custody battle.
· SNL comedian Fred Armisen and Mad Men actress Elisabeth Moss – This whirlwind marriage only lasted eight months and came to an end in September when Moss filed for a divorce. Rumor has it, Moss’ faith in the Church of Scientology led to their split.
Lil Wayne Caught Giving Christmas Cheer To Love Interest Over Holidays
Written by Rosario Harper
Young Money leader Lil Wayne was spotted over the Christmas holiday getting jolly with a rumored new lady.
A free bird just in time for Christmas, ex-Rikers convict Lil Wayne is chasing love over the holidays. The recently released rapper was spotted wearing a Michael Jackson-esque bandana over his mouth while with a pretty young woman outside The Setai residences in Miami. He was so smitten, he even got into her less flashy set of wheels. “He hopped into her beat-up silver Toyota Camry and had his chaffeured Rolls-Royce follow,” our spy said. (New York Post)
In light of Christmas, Wayne released holiday video for fans over the weekend.
“I just wanted to wish ya’ll a Merry Christmas to everyone out there,” Wayne said in a video from a car garage. “I hope you get every single thing you want. I got what I want and that’s ya’ll.” (Weezy Thanx You)
When Lil Wayne says Merry Christmas, the fans listen. In a new video the hip hop artist takes 30 seconds to wish his fans a Merry Christmas. Most of the time a video moment like this might get a couple of hundred hits, but in Lil Wayne’s case, it has surpassed 200,000 in less than 48 hours. (Examiner)
While allegedly single, Wayne has reportedly fathered four children.
The 28-year-old currently has a 15-year-old daughter with high school sweetheart Antonia “Toya” Carter, a two-year-old son, a one-year-old son with Lauren London and an 11-month-old with Nivea. (The Boom Box)
Jim Jones Promises Reunion LP Will Definitely Dip Into Stores
Written by Rosario Harper
Diplomat Jim Jones has reassured fans in fear of a shelved Dipset LP by promising his crew is still in the process of crafting the reunion project together.
“It’s going down, believe that,” Jones said about the LP. “We’re still recording songs but you don’t have to worry, the Dipset album is happening big time. You can bet your last dollar. I wouldn’t say officially [we’re on Interscope], officially is a big word–shouts to Interscope, Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre and everybody on that side. Just sit tight. We got a joint called ‘Anticipation’ that y’all should love. The vibe is good just being back with my band of brothers.” (VIBE)
Dipset A&R Duke Da God recently discussed the Diplomats’ split ties with independent distributor E1 and aligned with a major label.
“I think we outgrew E1. We did that when it wasn’t popular to go that route. We were innovators. Now we need to get it right. We need to touch the whole world. If we had a marketing budget of $200,000 on Koch, we need a $1 million to $1.5 million budget, so we can touch everybody. Our marketing budget wasn’t big enough at the time…There are so many avenues like radio and TV and [they’re more expensive]. It’s all about business, like with anything. You get what you pay for. You have to spend the money to get the proper listeners. Nothing is free. All them looks that you get, that you see major artists get, those aren’t free looks because they like the record. Just because Beyonce comes out with a record, it doesn’t mean everybody’s going to play it. It takes marketing dollars to get sh*t off the ground. All that sh*t you see on TV, those aren’t free looks. You have to pay to get those looks. When you’re in the game you see that though.” (Hip Hop Game)
After an interview at The Source Magazine headquarters where Freekey Zekey insinuated that a Dipset deal with Interscope Records was possible by pointing to a magazine cover with Dr. Dre’s picture (in addition to the revelation that the group has actually recorded with Dre), Freekey has confirmed that the group will be signing a deal with the label. “The papers are not actually signed right now [sic] but you could basically say it’s going down,” said Freekey in an interview with QTheQuestion.com, when prompted about the possibility of a deal with Interscope. (Hip Hop DX)
In late August, rumors circulated suggesting Dipset would sign with Interscope.
Weeks after both Cam’ron and Jim Jones tweeted about a potential label deal “almost being done,” the Dipset reunion seems to be inches away from being official. A source close to the New York crew says Cam, Jimmy, Juelz Santana and Freekey Zekey are finalizing a label deal with Interscope Records — the former home of Cam’ron rival 50 Cent’s G-Unit crew. Go figure. No official confirmation yet, but, we’re going to run with it. Wishful thinking! (Billboard)
Jim Jones and Cam’ron officially reunited earlier this year after a three-year hiatus due to internal conflict.
HOLIDAY DRINK IDEAS TO GET YOU THROUGH THE SEASON
For some people, the holidays are a time to celebrate and toast to the New Year. For others, it’s the season to drown their sorrows. So whether you hate the sound of holiday tunes or party through December, here are some neat drink ideas to get you through.
½ oz. Cointreau
½ oz. Cranberry juice
1 tsp. Fresh lime juice
1 oz. Vodka
PLACE ALL INGREDIENTS IN A SHAKER WITH ICE. SHAKE AND STRAIN INTO A CHILLED MARTINI GLASS.
WHITE CHRISTMAS DREAM
1 oz. Amaretto
1 oz. Heavy cream
1 oz. Vodka
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS WITH ICE IN A SHAKER. STRAIN INTO A CHILLED COCKTAIL GLASS.
CANDY CANE MARTINI
1 ½ oz. Vodka
1 tsp. Peppermint schnapps
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS WITH ICE IN A SHAKER. STRAIN INTO A CHILLED COCKTAIL GLASS.
*OPTION: GARNISH WITH A SMALL CANDY CANE
THE MOST SHOCKING CELEB BREAK-UPS OF 2010!
· Shia LeBeouf and Carey Mulligan – These Wall Street 2 co-stars dated for over a year, but called it quits this past fall.
· Al Gore and Tipper Gore – Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife Tipper ended their seemingly happy union in June after 40 years of marriage.
· Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy – This funny couple dated for five years and in the public eye seemed perfect for each other. That obviously wasn’t the case because in April, they split.
· Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry – In April, Halle and Gabriel announced that they were splitting. The pair has a young daughter together named Nahla and were with one another for almost five years.
Stay tuned tomorrow for another dose of celebrity split-ups.
TEENA MARIE PASSES AWAY AT 54
R&B legend Teena Marie passed away over the weekend at the age of 54. News of her death came via Twitter after her manager posted the news of her passing and was later confirmed on CNN. Marie released 13 studio albums during her career, two of which went platinum and six went gold. Her biggest hit was the 1984 single “Lovergirl.” Marie was four-time GRAMMY nominated. At this time the cause of her death is unknown.
Game Robbed Of $75,000 In California, “It’s On, You Thieving Motherf*ckers!”
Written by Cyrus Langhorne
West Coast rapper Game was reportedly jacked for $75,000 while holiday shopping this week in California.
“So, heres my day: tried 2 do last minute shoppin 4 da kids & valet stole a Louis Duffle out @avanterose ‘s car & we 2 chains & $75,000 short,” Game tweeted Friday (December 24).
“Story cont.. So police come & guess who get patted down ? Yea, US !!! then they tell us da palmtree was blocking the crime scene on the tape”
“Topanga Mall “Nordstroms” valet is janky as F*CK !!! They gotta a lil stealing ring goin, PARKS YA OWN SH*T from now on !”
“They aint seen the last of us tho. Soon after xmas is over….IT’S ON you thieving mothaf*ckas !!! If u dont get a gift tomorrow THAT’S WHY”
“& me or @avanterose couldnt do sh!t cuz both are dumb ass’s on parole. Ole’ Yes officer, No officer ass n!ggas we was !!!”
“Then after 4 hrs of no answers we drivin off & da most racist of all da cops gone say: “Thats a sweet ride man”. WHAT ?!? B!tch, investigate” (Game’s Twitter)
Outside of criminal matters, Game is preparing his delayed R.E.D. Album.
“I think I should stop saying when the album is gonna be released and just say ‘when it’s released, just pick it up,’ man. And I think that no matter how long people wait, we’re not gonna get into a Detox situation and wait over 10 years for that…August 24th was real realistic to me until I started touring. Before I get really locked into it, when I get home on the 8th man…you know, it might still be the 24th once I talk to [Interscope CEO] Jimmy Iovine. He’s overseas and he gets back when I get back so I’ma sit down with him and have a meeting and we’ll play everything I got. I think I’m missing my huge single like “My Life,” or “Hate It or Love It,” or “One Blood.” And I think I really need to find that…Like I’m looking for a cross between “One Blood” and “Hate It or Love It.” And I think that it wouldn’t be successful or right for me if I put my album out before that.” (Complex)
FLAVA FLAV RELEASING AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Ayo check this out. Prodigy isn’t the only one releasing a book early next year. According to a listing on Amazon, the hypeman’s upcoming memoir, Icon will be released March 1 through Farrah Gray Publishing. Yea boieeee!
The Voice Of The Young People was silenced two days before Christmas at Webster Hall in NYC. During Chris Brown’s All Black Extravaganza, Lil Mama was greeted with boos while spitting an acapella freestyle. That’s not popping at all.
Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays to all who are celebrating others! On vacation, we’ll be back on Monday; enjoy your weekend! – Crisco Kidd
NICKI MINAJ IS SO PROUD OF YOUNG MONEY
2010 was Nicki Minaj’s year, but she admits that she owes a lot of her success to her camp, Young Money. Lil Wayne’s protégé is thankful for her label mates pushing her into the star that she is now. In coming days, fans can expect the fem-cee to announce her upcoming tour to further support Pink Friday.
CHRIS COMPLETES DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COURSE
According to Billboard.com, Chris Brown has completed the domestic violence counseling sessions that he was ordered to serve for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Rihanna. The singer posted the certificate on his Twitter page and wrote, “I have enough self respect and decency to be proud of accomplishing this DV class. Boys run from [their] mistakes. Men learn from them.”
TREY SONGZ SET TO TOUR WITH NE-YO IN 2011
Trey Songz has accomplished a lot this year and it looks like it will continue in 2011. Trey will join Ne-Yo’s forthcoming U-K arena tour in 2011! The trek will kick off on Tuesday, February 22nd at the GlasgowSECC. Visit his official website for a list of concert dates.
FOXY BROWN READIES LIL KIM DISS RECORD?
According to TheBoomBox.com, Foxy Brown is set to drop a diss record called “Christmas Massacre” aimed at Lil Kim at a holiday party performance in Brooklyn on Christmas Eve. The two female MC’s beef began in the 90s after Kimmie disrespected Foxy on “Play Around” with Lil Cease, followed by another diss on The Notorious K.I.M in 2000. Fox has not confirmed or denied the claims but she is scheduled to perform at Club Jelani’s in Brooklyn.
JAMIE FOXX’S “FALL FOR YOUR TYPE” VIDEO
“Fall For Your Type” featuring Drake serves as the lead offering off Jamie Foxx’s latest album, Best Night Of My Life. You can watch the video for the single via Jamie’s official website today! Also, be sure to pick up his album in stores now!
LUDACRIS CHARGES 100K FOR PERFORMANCE
Millionaire Jason Hope spent a lot of money to ensure celebrities attend his recent Christmas party. According to TMZ, Ludacris was given 100-thousand to perform a 45-minute set, Snooki received over 17K to make an appearance while Breaking Badactor Aaron Paul earned 16 grand. In addition, Giuliana and Bill Rancic banked a total of 15-thousand. Head over to the site to see which other stars Hope spent over 200-thousand on.
NAS PREPS HARLEM DINNER FOR X-MAS
We’ve just learned Nas will join HIV/AIDS activist and author Maria Davis in Harlem this week to serve Christmas dinners to local families. The event will reportedly help feed over 250 families with free meals this holiday season. Davis expressed in a statement that she is very proud that Nas and other celebrities can take time out during the holidays and service the population.
50 CENT’S MANSION BROKEN INTO
According to TMZ, 50 Cent’s mansion in Farmington, Connecticut was recently broken into! Luckily, authorities have found and arrested the two suspects responsible, Alexander Hernandez and Santos Padilla.
TYLER THINKS J-LO IS “STREET”
Steven Tyler has already begun his new job as a judge on American Idol, alongside Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez. So what does the Aerosmith singer think of J-Lo? The rocker told Us Weekly, “She’s a lady and she’s not afraid to show that at any given time.” He went on to say, “She’s ridiculous. You know, she’s exactly what I thought she’d be. She’s street.” Read more at UsMagazine.com and check out the premiere of American Idol on FOX on January 19th.
GAGA WANTS HER FANS FOR CHRISTMAS
All Lady Gaga wants for Christmas is her fans. The pop star posted a YouTube link on her Twitter page of a tribute video that some young ladies from Spain made for her. About the three-minute video, Gaga said that her “Little Monsters are the greatest xmas gift of all.” See what made the “Bad Romance” singer “cry” at Twitter.com/LadyGaga.
VIDEO OF AMY WINEHOUSE’S PRIVATE SHOW
Last weekend, Amy Winehouse performed a private show in Russia and was reportedly paid right around 1.5-million dollars for the short set. Well according to NME, the embattled singer was “a bit shaky” at the gig, and actually had her backup singers do most of the performing on her song “Cupid” while she put in a “half-hearted”effort. Watch the video on YouTube and judge for yourself.
THE NY TIMES LIST TOP ALBUMS & SONGS OF ‘10
With only ten days left in 2010, the New York Times has compiled a list of the Top 10 Albums and Top 10 Songs of the year. The order of those who made the cut and those who did not will certainly stir up heated conversations:
Top 10 Albums of 2010
1. Rick Ross – Teflon Don
2. Taylor Swift – Speak Now
3. Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
4. Drake – Thank Me Later
5. Titus Andronicus – The Monitor
6. Gary Allan – Get Off On the Pain
7. DJ Drama & Fabolous – There Is No Competition 2: The Funeral Service
8. Justin Bieber – My World 2.0
9. R. Kelly – Love Letter
10. Jerrod Niemann – Judge Jerrod & the Hung Jury
Top 10 Songs of 2010
1. Waka Flocka Flame featuring Diddy, Rick Ross, & Gucci Mane – “O Let’s Do It (Remix)”
2. Rick Ross featuring Gucci Mane – “MC Hammer”
3. Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
4. Chris Brown featuring Drake, T.I., Kanye West, Fabolous, Rick Ross, & André 3000 – “Deuces (Remix)”
5. Miguel featuring J. Cole – “All I Want Is You”
6. Kanye West feat. Pusha T – “Runaway”
7. Cults – “Go Outside”
8. Earl Sweatshirt – “Earl”
9. Ellie Goulding – “Starry Eyed”
10. Lloyd Banks featuring Juelz Santana – “Beamer, Benz, or Bentley”
JACKSON’S NEVERLAND RANCH TO BECOME MUSIC SCHOOL?
The financiers who own Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch want to turn it into a music school similar to The Juilliard School in New York City. Colony Capital, which recently rehabbed the grounds, wants creative young adults to study all aspects of music, including writing and performing, there. According to TMZ, before the financiers can move forward, they need the support of the Jackson estate and for Santa Barbara County to sign off on the property’s conversion into a school campus.
LIL KIM TOP TRENDING RAPPER ON TWITTER!
Even though she was not mentioned on Google’s annual year-end Zeitgeist List, Lil Kim stands as the only hip hop act to be named on the Top Twitter Trends in 2010 list. The fem-cee took number six, but bested by celebrities like Mel Gibson and Lady Gaga. Meanwhile, Kanye West, Rihanna, Drake and Lil Wayne appeared on the social networking site’s 10 Most Retweeted Tweets of Twitter in 2010. Visit YearInReview.Twitter.com to view all categories!
NE-YO REACTS TO MJ ALBUM
TMZ caught up with Ne-Yo to get his reaction on Michael Jackson’s posthumous album, Michael. The “Champagne Life” singer shared the same sentiment as will.i.am and believes “If Michael was still alive … I don’t think the album would be out yet.” The disc, which features Akon, 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz, is out now. However, Ne-Yo added, “I’m gonna stick to my old Mike.”
What did you think of the album? Was is released too soon?
NICKI MINAJ SEX TAPE RELEASED?
For the second time now, there are rumors that a Nicki Minaj sex tape surfaced. Gossip site MediaTakeOut.com has reportedly obtained a video still of a woman who bares a striking resemblance to the female rapper. In the picture, the unnamed woman is performing fellatio on an unidentified man. While Nick is yet to respond to the allegations, the tape is being sold for 100 thousand dollars! We’ll keep you posted!
Click HERE to check it for yourself…
50 CENT ANNOUNCES NEW LABEL!
50 Cent took to his Twitter account to announce that he’s official signed his first artist to his newly launched imprint, G Note Records. According to RapRadar.com, the mogul’s label will look to sign artists that fall under the R&B/Pop umbrella. Fif’s new signee, Hot Rod, has already recorded his first single, “Dance With Me,” which you can check out on iTunes now!
FANTASIA GIVES BIGGEST HIGHLIGHT OF 2010!
This year, Fantasia finally graduated high school, released a solid album and gave fans a huge scare when she attempted suicide by overdosing on aspirin. To date, Fanny’s Back To Me album has sold over 351-thousand copies since its release!
Back To Me debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 and sold 117-thousand copies in its first week. It’s the highest charting project of her career.
TREY SONGZ SPILLS ON FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS
Christmastime is just around the corner and Trey Songz has spilled on which tunes help get him in the spirit. The singer, who will actually be home for the holidays, told Rap-Up.com his three all time favorite X-mas songs: Boyz II Men & Brian McKnight’s “Let It Snow,” Donny Hathaway’s “This Christmas” and Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You.”
What are your three favorites? Which three celebrities do you wish would put out a Christmas album?
JEREMIH DROPS “DOWN ON ME” VIDEO
The official video for Jeremih’s single, “Down On Me” featuring 50 Cent, has finally premiered. The cut is off the “Birthday Sex” crooner’s All About You album, which is available now!
Do you think the video was better than the clip 15-year-old YouTube sensation Keenan Cahill put out?
Peep the video HERE!
LLOYD SHOOTS “LETS GET IT IN” WITH 50 CENT
Rap-Up.com reports Lloyd has issued the visual for his buzz single, “Let’s Get It In” featuring 50 Cent. The song is expected to make the final tracklisting for the R&B singer’s fourth album, King of Hearts. The disc arrives on March 15th so mark your calendars!
RICK ROSS TRACKLIST FOR MIXTAPE SURFACES
We previously reported Rick Ross had announced that he’s looking to release a new mixtape before 2011 hits. The project, titled Ashes To Ashes, will reportedly include contributions and guest spots from T.I., Wale, Barry White, Meek Mill, Chester French and many others. While fans can expect the tape to drop on Christmas Eve, we’ve got the official tracklist for the project:
2. “Made Men” Ft Drake
3. “9 piece” Ft TI
4. “John Doe”
5. “Black Man’s Dream” Ft Ludacris
6. “Retrosuperfuture” Ft Wiz Khalifa
7. “Play Your Part” Ft Wale, Meek Mill & Chester French
8. “Ashes to Ashes” Ft Kc
9. “Even Deeper” Ft Barry White
10. “She Crazy” Ft Aaliyah & Ne-Yo
11. “10 Bricks” Ft Birdman
12. “Aston Martin Music RMX” Ft TI & Big Sean
13. Bonus – “Another One” – Bugatti Boyz
JAY-Z TO PLAY ON NEW YEAR’S EVE!
If you don’t have plans for New Year’s Eve yet, how about making a musical memory? Many bands are playing shows around the world on December 31st. The Roots and more will rock N-Y-C while Jay-Z and Coldplay will reportedly take on The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas!
NEW DETAILS ON TOO $HORT AND E-40 ALBUM
XXLMag.com has learned E-40 and Too $hort’s joint album, The History Channel, is coming along nicely. E told the site, “Short, that’s my rapping partner. We’re really friends. That’s my dude. We got a lot of respect for each other.” As for when fans will be able to hear the final product, the Bay area rapper said the disc will arrive early next year via Sick Wid It/Up All Night/EMI Records.
GAGA RESCHEDULES HER CANCELLED SHOW
A severe storm caused Lady Gaga to cancel her Sunday night show in Paris, but it appears that things have been resolved. The pop star wrote on her Twitter account that Sunday’s gig has been moved to today, and that she promises to give fans the night of their lives. Learn more at Twitter.com/LadyGaga.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! The response was so great from last year and I’ve gotten a lot of request for me to repost, so here it is! Click the audio player below to hear it from the site or click the link to download and play where ever! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! – Crisco