New Years Eve:
DESIRE – At QBar inside the Hotel Albuquerque
New Years Day:
HOLIDAY HANGOVER – At RIZE Nightclub in Santa Fe! 135 w. Palace Ave – Downtown Santa Fe!
TOP EARNING MOVIES THAT DEAL WITH NEW YEAR’S
These movies all deal with New Year’s and all raked it in at the box office. Here are the top earners and how much they’ve made.
1. Sleepless in Seattle (1993) – $126,680,884
2. When Harry Met Sally (1989) – $92,823,546
3. Trading Places (1983) – $90,404,800
4. Entrapment (1999) – $87,704,396
5. While You Were Sleeping (1995) – $81,057,016
6. Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001) – $71,543,427
7. End of Days (1999) – $66,889,043
8. Strange Days (1995) – $7,959,291
9. 200 Cigarettes (1999) – $6,852,450
10. Gridlock’d (1997) – $5,571,205
TOP EARNING MOVIES ON NEW YEAR’S DAY
Many people head to the movies on New Year’s Day and these films earned the most on that day. Here they are in order with how much they pulled in on New Year’s alone and the year the earnings took place.
1. Avatar (2010) – $126,680,884
2. Meet the Fockers (2005) – $92,823,546
3. Sherlock Holmes (2010) – $90,404,800
4. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2010) – $87,704,396
5. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2004) – $81,057,016
6. Titanic (1998) – $71,543,427
7. Night at the Museum (2007) – $66,889,043
8. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2003) – $7,959,291
9. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2002) – $6,852,450
10. Marley and Me (2009) – $5,571,205
BEST INTERNET VIDEOS OF 2010
Paste magazine compiled a list of their favorite Internet memes and viral videos from 2010. Here’s part one of their choices:
· I HOPE THIS GETS TO YOU – It was the romantic gesture seen round the world. Walter C. May and his band, The Daylights, made a video for May’s girlfriend when she moved across the country for graduate school. The band didn’t send it to May’s lady directly; they wanted so many people to pass it around on the Internet that she’d just get it from someone who was sharing the video.
· PANDA CHEESE – Panda Cheese is a popular brand of cheese in Egypt and the Middle East. They came out with a series of commercial this year that went viral. In the ads, a Panda mascot wreaks havoc on his surroundings after people refuse to eat Panda Cheese.
· INCEPTION MEMES – After the film Inception came out in July of this year, people took to the Internet to
poke fun at the idea of a dream inside a dream. GeekOSystem.com collected the 15 best things created in that meme.
Check it out HERE!
BEST INTERNET VIDEOS OF 2010
PRANCING CERA – A picture of Michael Cera running on the set of his movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World became an image that thousands photo shopped onto other images. People said Cera was prancing and they pasted his image on the cover of albums, in the middle of Olympic runners and next to a photo of Elton John with the caption “Hold Me Closer, Tiny Prancer.” Check out a nice collection of the pictures over at PasteMagazine.com.
See the pics HERE!
SAD KEANU – A picture of Keanu Reeves looking sad, eating a sandwich on a park bench went viral this year, with people pasting his image on a number of different pictures, including on stills from Independence Day, Say Anything and The Dark Knight. Someone even wrote a song called “Hey There Keanu” in the tune of the Plain White T’s tune “Hey There Delilah.”
· OLD SPICE GUY – Old Spice came out with a series of commercials advertising their body wash that starred Isaiah Mustafa. Mustafa was featured shirtless in the ads, often on a horse and urging guys to at least smell as good as he does. The commercials spawned several parodies, including one on Sesame Street, and helped launch Isaiah’s career. Check him out in Horrible Bosses in 2011 and head over to YouTube and search for the Old Spice channel to see the ads.
BEST INTERNET VIDEOS OF 2010
· JIMMY MACMILLAN/THE RENT IS 2 DAMN HIGH – What started out as a campaign for New York governor, turned into a viral video phenomenon. Thousands of people watched Jimmy MacMillan and the presentation he did for his The Rent Is 2 Damn High party. Check out a video of MacMillan over at Paste.com.
MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON – In this adorable short video, Jenny Slate lends her voice to an animated shell with shoes on. Check it out over on Vimeo.com.
Click HERE to see it!
· DOUBLE RAINBOW – In 2010, we were graced with the Double Rainbow video posted on YouTube by HungryBear9562. In the clip, you see video of a double (possibly triple!!!!) rainbow and hear a man get WAY TOO excited about it. The clip went on to spawn merchandise, remixes and even landed the video’s creator on some talk shows and in commercials.
BEST INTERNET VIDEOS OF 2010
INSANE CLOWN POSSE’S “MIRACLES” CLIP – Insane Clown Posse posted a video for us in 2010 about magic and miracles. The band raps about oceans, magnets and not doing drugs all while wearing their clown makeup in this music video. Wow, it’s, well, magic…
ANTOINE DOBSON AND THE BED INTRUDER – What else can we say about Antoine Dobson and his bed intruder rant that hasn’t already been said? The protective brother has appeared on talk shows, has had his words remixed using AutoTune and made the list of the top Google searches of 2010. Watch the video of Antoine again, in which he explains how he stopped a rapist from hurting his sister.
RIHANNA AND MATT KEMP SPLIT?
According to various web sites Rihanna and Matt Kemp have split. The two began dating earlier this year and it was Rihanna’s first serious relationship since her volatile courtship with Chris Brown. Us Weekly is reporting that Kemp ended the relationship because he was “sick of following after Rihanna like a puppy dog all over the world.” The Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder is looking for “something normal.”
BON JOVI TOPS 2010 TOUR EARNERS
According to Pollstar, Bon Jovi had the most successful tour in 2010, while AC/DC and U2 follow at number two and three respectively. The New Jersey band sold over 201 million dollars worth of concert tickets worldwide this year. Lady Gaga is the only woman in the top 10 tours for 2010. Her Monster Ball Tour placed fourth on the list, raking in over 133 million dollars over the course of 138 shows, most of which took place outside of North America. The rest of the top 10 is rounded out by Metallica, Michael Bublé, the live show Walking With Dinosaurs, Paul McCartney, the Eagles and Roger Waters.
· Around the world, ticket sales for the top 50 tours dropped 12 percent to under three billion dollars, and in North America, they dropped 15 percent to 1.69 billion dollars.
· NICOLE RICHIE FINALIZES PROBATION.
According to TMZ, Nicole Richie has officially completed her probation in connection with a 2006 DUI case. Richie was put on probation that year in connection with DUI charges she received after being pulled over while driving the wrong way on a Los Angeles freeway. She was supposed to end her probation in February 2011, but the judge agreed to terminate it early after ruling that all the terms were been met sufficiently. Earlier this month, Richie and her longtime beau, Joel Madden, tied the knot after dating for four years and having two kids together. The wedding took place in California at the home of Nicole’s dad, Lionel Richie.
· BIEBER/GOMEZ PIC A FAKE. While Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez aren’t kissing and telling when it comes to the status of their relationship, and they’re also not kissing and snapping photos. When a picture leaked online of what appeared to be the teen stars caught in a lip-lock, fans began to wonder if perhaps the rumors of their romance were true. But a rep for Bieber told Celebuzz that the photo, which originally appeared on Bieber fan site Beiberheiress.com, is a fake. The rep added that they hope “no one is actually paying money for that photo” since the couple in the photo are not actually Bieber and Gomez. Meanwhile, E! News is reporting the pair were seen hanging out in Miami ordering room service at the Gansevoort Hotel.
· OSCAR BALLOTS!
The ballots for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards were mailed out to the 5,755 voters yesterday. The paper work is due back on January 14th. The nominations will be announced on January 25th and the big show will air live on February 27th on ABC at 8 PM Eastern and 5 PM Western.
· KARDASHIAN AND KANYE IN THE STUDIO?
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were spotted at the same recording studio on Tuesday in Culver City, California. Kardashian was accompanied by Kris Jenner as well as TV cameras, while Kanye showed up all on his own. Back in November, Kim told MTV News that she would love to work with Kanye West.
AND IN SPORTS…
· BRETT FAVRE FINED 50K. The NFL fined Brett Favre 50-thousand dollars on Wednesday for a “failure to cooperate” with the league’s investigation into allegations that he sent X-rated photos to former New York Jets game-day hostess Jenn Sterger. Commissioner Roger Goodell determined that Favre was “not candid in several respects during the investigation, resulting in a longer review and additional negative public attention for Favre, Sterger and the NFL.” Goodell said that there was not enough evidence to conclude that Favre violated the league’s personal-conduct policy. Favre, who is expected to retire after the season, missed the Minnesota Vikings game in Philadelphia on Tuesday night after suffering a concussion the week before. The Vikings end the season with a game in Detroit, no word on whether Favre will play.
L Boogie is about to embark on her tour next week, but beforehand, she set the tone last night and performed at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, with Prince and Janelle Monae in attendance. More footage when you proceed.
TOP BABY NAMES OF 2010
Here are the top baby names for 2010, according to BabyNames.com
TOP BOY NAMES OF 2010
TOP GIRL NAMES OF 2010
TOP CELEBRITY BABY NAMES
Here are the best celebrity baby names, according to BabyNamesGarden.com
Seraphina Rose – Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck
Violet – Christina Milian & The-Dream
Ireland – Kim Basinger & Alec Baldwin
Brooklyn, Cruz David, Romeo James – David Beckham & Victoria Beckham
Sparrow James Midnight – Nicole Ritchie & Joel Madden
Stella Zavala – Matt Damon & Luciana Bozan Barroso
Gideon Scott and Harper Grace (boy and girl) – Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka
Julian Fuego – Robin Thicke & Paula Patton
Benjamin – Kelly Preston & John Travolta
Madilyn Grace – Ne-Yo & Monyetta Shaw
THE MOST SHOCKING CELEB BREAK-UPS OF 2010! (PART 3)
· Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller – Things started to unravel for the married couple at Christmastime in 2009 after a domestic violence incident. They finalized their divorce in October and Sheen celebrated by destroying a New York City hotel room with an escort by his side.
· Jennifer Jason Leigh and director Noah Baumbach – This couple worked on several projects together in 2010, but despite that teamwork, they filed for divorce in November.
· Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva – In April, Gibson and Grigorieva called their love quits, a mere six months after their daughter Lucia was born. Since their split, unpleasant audio tapes of Gibson allegedly berating Oksana have hit the web. The couple are also currently in the middle of a custody battle.
· SNL comedian Fred Armisen and Mad Men actress Elisabeth Moss – This whirlwind marriage only lasted eight months and came to an end in September when Moss filed for a divorce. Rumor has it, Moss’ faith in the Church of Scientology led to their split.
Lil Wayne Caught Giving Christmas Cheer To Love Interest Over Holidays
Written by Rosario Harper
Young Money leader Lil Wayne was spotted over the Christmas holiday getting jolly with a rumored new lady.
A free bird just in time for Christmas, ex-Rikers convict Lil Wayne is chasing love over the holidays. The recently released rapper was spotted wearing a Michael Jackson-esque bandana over his mouth while with a pretty young woman outside The Setai residences in Miami. He was so smitten, he even got into her less flashy set of wheels. “He hopped into her beat-up silver Toyota Camry and had his chaffeured Rolls-Royce follow,” our spy said. (New York Post)
In light of Christmas, Wayne released holiday video for fans over the weekend.
“I just wanted to wish ya’ll a Merry Christmas to everyone out there,” Wayne said in a video from a car garage. “I hope you get every single thing you want. I got what I want and that’s ya’ll.” (Weezy Thanx You)
When Lil Wayne says Merry Christmas, the fans listen. In a new video the hip hop artist takes 30 seconds to wish his fans a Merry Christmas. Most of the time a video moment like this might get a couple of hundred hits, but in Lil Wayne’s case, it has surpassed 200,000 in less than 48 hours. (Examiner)
While allegedly single, Wayne has reportedly fathered four children.
The 28-year-old currently has a 15-year-old daughter with high school sweetheart Antonia “Toya” Carter, a two-year-old son, a one-year-old son with Lauren London and an 11-month-old with Nivea. (The Boom Box)
Jim Jones Promises Reunion LP Will Definitely Dip Into Stores
Written by Rosario Harper
Diplomat Jim Jones has reassured fans in fear of a shelved Dipset LP by promising his crew is still in the process of crafting the reunion project together.
“It’s going down, believe that,” Jones said about the LP. “We’re still recording songs but you don’t have to worry, the Dipset album is happening big time. You can bet your last dollar. I wouldn’t say officially [we're on Interscope], officially is a big word–shouts to Interscope, Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre and everybody on that side. Just sit tight. We got a joint called ‘Anticipation’ that y’all should love. The vibe is good just being back with my band of brothers.” (VIBE)
Dipset A&R Duke Da God recently discussed the Diplomats’ split ties with independent distributor E1 and aligned with a major label.
“I think we outgrew E1. We did that when it wasn’t popular to go that route. We were innovators. Now we need to get it right. We need to touch the whole world. If we had a marketing budget of $200,000 on Koch, we need a $1 million to $1.5 million budget, so we can touch everybody. Our marketing budget wasn’t big enough at the time…There are so many avenues like radio and TV and [they're more expensive]. It’s all about business, like with anything. You get what you pay for. You have to spend the money to get the proper listeners. Nothing is free. All them looks that you get, that you see major artists get, those aren’t free looks because they like the record. Just because Beyonce comes out with a record, it doesn’t mean everybody’s going to play it. It takes marketing dollars to get sh*t off the ground. All that sh*t you see on TV, those aren’t free looks. You have to pay to get those looks. When you’re in the game you see that though.” (Hip Hop Game)
After an interview at The Source Magazine headquarters where Freekey Zekey insinuated that a Dipset deal with Interscope Records was possible by pointing to a magazine cover with Dr. Dre’s picture (in addition to the revelation that the group has actually recorded with Dre), Freekey has confirmed that the group will be signing a deal with the label. “The papers are not actually signed right now [sic] but you could basically say it’s going down,” said Freekey in an interview with QTheQuestion.com, when prompted about the possibility of a deal with Interscope. (Hip Hop DX)
In late August, rumors circulated suggesting Dipset would sign with Interscope.
Weeks after both Cam’ron and Jim Jones tweeted about a potential label deal “almost being done,” the Dipset reunion seems to be inches away from being official. A source close to the New York crew says Cam, Jimmy, Juelz Santana and Freekey Zekey are finalizing a label deal with Interscope Records — the former home of Cam’ron rival 50 Cent’s G-Unit crew. Go figure. No official confirmation yet, but, we’re going to run with it. Wishful thinking! (Billboard)
Jim Jones and Cam’ron officially reunited earlier this year after a three-year hiatus due to internal conflict.
HOLIDAY DRINK IDEAS TO GET YOU THROUGH THE SEASON
For some people, the holidays are a time to celebrate and toast to the New Year. For others, it’s the season to drown their sorrows. So whether you hate the sound of holiday tunes or party through December, here are some neat drink ideas to get you through.
½ oz. Cointreau
½ oz. Cranberry juice
1 tsp. Fresh lime juice
1 oz. Vodka
PLACE ALL INGREDIENTS IN A SHAKER WITH ICE. SHAKE AND STRAIN INTO A CHILLED MARTINI GLASS.
WHITE CHRISTMAS DREAM
1 oz. Amaretto
1 oz. Heavy cream
1 oz. Vodka
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS WITH ICE IN A SHAKER. STRAIN INTO A CHILLED COCKTAIL GLASS.
CANDY CANE MARTINI
1 ½ oz. Vodka
1 tsp. Peppermint schnapps
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS WITH ICE IN A SHAKER. STRAIN INTO A CHILLED COCKTAIL GLASS.
*OPTION: GARNISH WITH A SMALL CANDY CANE
THE MOST SHOCKING CELEB BREAK-UPS OF 2010!
· Shia LeBeouf and Carey Mulligan – These Wall Street 2 co-stars dated for over a year, but called it quits this past fall.
· Al Gore and Tipper Gore – Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife Tipper ended their seemingly happy union in June after 40 years of marriage.
· Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy – This funny couple dated for five years and in the public eye seemed perfect for each other. That obviously wasn’t the case because in April, they split.
· Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry – In April, Halle and Gabriel announced that they were splitting. The pair has a young daughter together named Nahla and were with one another for almost five years.
Stay tuned tomorrow for another dose of celebrity split-ups.
TEENA MARIE PASSES AWAY AT 54
R&B legend Teena Marie passed away over the weekend at the age of 54. News of her death came via Twitter after her manager posted the news of her passing and was later confirmed on CNN. Marie released 13 studio albums during her career, two of which went platinum and six went gold. Her biggest hit was the 1984 single “Lovergirl.” Marie was four-time GRAMMY nominated. At this time the cause of her death is unknown.
Game Robbed Of $75,000 In California, “It’s On, You Thieving Motherf*ckers!”
Written by Cyrus Langhorne
West Coast rapper Game was reportedly jacked for $75,000 while holiday shopping this week in California.
“So, heres my day: tried 2 do last minute shoppin 4 da kids & valet stole a Louis Duffle out @avanterose ‘s car & we 2 chains & $75,000 short,” Game tweeted Friday (December 24).
“Story cont.. So police come & guess who get patted down ? Yea, US !!! then they tell us da palmtree was blocking the crime scene on the tape”
“Topanga Mall “Nordstroms” valet is janky as F*CK !!! They gotta a lil stealing ring goin, PARKS YA OWN SH*T from now on !”
“They aint seen the last of us tho. Soon after xmas is over….IT’S ON you thieving mothaf*ckas !!! If u dont get a gift tomorrow THAT’S WHY”
“& me or @avanterose couldnt do sh!t cuz both are dumb ass’s on parole. Ole’ Yes officer, No officer ass n!ggas we was !!!”
“Then after 4 hrs of no answers we drivin off & da most racist of all da cops gone say: “Thats a sweet ride man”. WHAT ?!? B!tch, investigate” (Game’s Twitter)
Outside of criminal matters, Game is preparing his delayed R.E.D. Album.
“I think I should stop saying when the album is gonna be released and just say ‘when it’s released, just pick it up,’ man. And I think that no matter how long people wait, we’re not gonna get into a Detox situation and wait over 10 years for that…August 24th was real realistic to me until I started touring. Before I get really locked into it, when I get home on the 8th man…you know, it might still be the 24th once I talk to [Interscope CEO] Jimmy Iovine. He’s overseas and he gets back when I get back so I’ma sit down with him and have a meeting and we’ll play everything I got. I think I’m missing my huge single like “My Life,” or “Hate It or Love It,” or “One Blood.” And I think I really need to find that…Like I’m looking for a cross between “One Blood” and “Hate It or Love It.” And I think that it wouldn’t be successful or right for me if I put my album out before that.” (Complex)
FLAVA FLAV RELEASING AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Ayo check this out. Prodigy isn’t the only one releasing a book early next year. According to a listing on Amazon, the hypeman’s upcoming memoir, Icon will be released March 1 through Farrah Gray Publishing. Yea boieeee!
The Voice Of The Young People was silenced two days before Christmas at Webster Hall in NYC. During Chris Brown’s All Black Extravaganza, Lil Mama was greeted with boos while spitting an acapella freestyle. That’s not popping at all.